To add an image file:
- Go to the Campaign overview, click Campaigns in the left navigation menu of Adhese.
- Click the campaign for which you want to upload a creative.
- Click the Creatives tab. The Creative overview opens.
- Click the Add Image button. The New creative screen opens.
Specify the details of the creative under the following headings:
- The ID is automatically generated by Adhese after the creative is saved.
- Give the creative a meaningful and clear name in the Name field. A distinct name makes it easy to recognise the creative in the next step when the creative is attached to a booking. If no name is provided, the filename of the uploaded image file is used.
- In the Format field, click the Select format link. The List of formats modal window opens. Select the right format with the correct dimensions from the list and click the Save button.
- (Optional) In the Alternative Text field, provide a text that will appear if the image cannot be displayed or if someone hovers the image.
- The Last updated field denotes when the creative was updated for the last time.
- Each campaign, booking and creative is monitored, and reports are available in the interface of Adhese. It is also possible to let a third party monitor a creative. The client needs to provide a tracking URL. This URL is inserted in the Tracking URL field. For more information about the tracking URL, refer to Third-party tracking.
- The Extra field 1 and 2 input fields are custom input fields depending on the chosen format and template. These fields are used for adding extra functions, such as adding a background colour to a wallpaper ad.
A format needs to be selected before you can upload a file.
To upload an image file, click the Main file button. The file should have a .jpg, .gif or .png filename extension.
Adhese examines uploaded image files on their dimensions and file size. If an image file exceeds the predefined maximum values, Adhese rejects the creative and shows an error message.
Do not forget to save the creative after the creative is uploaded: click the Save button in the Creative header's upper right corner.
You have the option to save the booking by clicking on the Save button. When clicking the arrow next to this button, several saving options become available in a drop-down menu:
|Save and create booking||Saves the current creative and opens a new create booking screen|
|Save and create Image Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create Image Creative screen|
|Save and create 3rd party Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create 3rd party Creative screen|
|Save and create Advar Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create Advar Creative screen|
|Save and create HTML5 Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create HTML5 Creative screen|
|Save and go to traffic screen||Saves the current creative and goes to the traffic screen for that creative|
If a creative consists of more than one file, e.g. a background image and a video clip, you can add these individual files to the creative. After a format is selected, a new section becomes available: More files. This section enables you to add up to six files to a creative. Click More files... to expand this section. Five buttons that make it possible for you to upload more files, appear.
After a format is selected, you can upload the main file of the creative. You have to save the main creative before you can upload the additional creative(s). An additional creative is a variant of the main creative, e.g. images with different dimensions for different platforms. For more information about how to upload additional creatives, refer to Additional creatives.
After the file is uploaded, a visual preview of the creative will appear. Check if there are no errors.
You can switch between the actual size of the creative and its thumbnail. To show the actual size, click the [ show actual size ] link or click the [ show thumbnail ] link to show the thumbnail.
Link to live preview
After the file is uploaded and saved, you can preview the creative in its context. Use this feature to check if there are no errors. We recommend checking the live preview in more than one browser. No impression will be taken into account while previewing a creative in the live-preview mode. For more information about live previewing a creative, refer to Live preview a creative.
A preview link will only be available if there is a booked position with the same dimensions as the selected format of the creative.
The URL of the live preview can be copied and forwarded to the client of the campaign to check if the creative is shown how the client wants the creative to be shown.
Checking the URL of the uploaded creative
After you have uploaded and saved the image, the URL of the landing page needs to be verified. To verify the URL:
- Do one of the following:
- Click on the preview of the creative in the Adhese interface, or
- Click on the creative in the live-preview mode.
A new page is opened. If the URL is correct, the following message appears:
If the above message does not appear, Adhese does not measure any clicks. Check the syntax of the URL for possible mistakes.
- Click the link in the message to check if the URL goes to the actual landing page.