Create a new position
To create a new position for each desired combination of a format and location of a publication:
- Click Admin in the left navigation menu. This opens the Administration screen.
Click Positions. The Positions screen opens:
For more information about the Positions screen, refer to Positions.
- Click the Create a position button. This opens the Create a new position screen.
- Choose a location from the Location drop-down.
- Choose a format from the Format drop-down.
- (Optional) Enter a name for the position in the Name field.
- If you wish to serve, for example, a leaderboard banner ad in the header and the footer of the homepage, you have two identical formats but at a different position. To differentiate the positions from each other, provide any integer number and/or a string of characters in the URL field of each subsequent position.
- (Optional) In the Preview URL field, enter a URL for live previewing a creative. Instead of linking the preview URL to a publication, you can pick a specific page where this position will appear.
- (Optional) Enter a comment in the Comment field.
- Skip the next property (Server) as it is of no significance anymore.
- Select a position type from the Position type drop-down. Refer to Position types for a more detailed discussion about this concept.
- Click the Save button beneath the form to save your new position.