To create a new location:
- Click Admin in the left navigation menu. This opens the Administration screen.
- Click Locations. The Locations screen opens:
For more information about the Locations screen, refer to Locations.
- Click the Create a new location button. This opens the Create a new location screen.
- In the Publication drop-down, select the publication to which the location belongs.
- Enter the name of the location in the Name field. Choose a clear and logical name, such as magazine home.
Define the URL for the location in the URL field. The URL should follow the scheme that was agreed upon in the setup process. Please note that the URL needs to be unique, so two locations can never have the same location URL. If you fill in an identical location URL, you cannot save the location, and Adhese shows a warning. You can define more than one URL for a location using a semicolon ( ; ) to separate them.
To check if a location URL already exists, go to the Admin screen and click Positions. Enter the desired URL in the search bar and click the magnifying glass icon. If the URL is already in use, the results page will list the URL.
In some cases, the results page does not list an existing location URL. This current URL may belong to an inactive publication. This can be examined via the Download all positions as spreadsheet button. Open the spreadsheet file and investigate whether the existing URL belongs to an inactive publication.
If the location is a channel, the URL will have no effect. Therefore, we recommend skipping this property in the case of a channel.
- (Optional) In the Code field, provide the code or foreign key of the location in case Adhese integrates with your existing CMS.
- Decide if the location is a normal position or belongs to a channel by selecting a group level in the Channel drop-down:
- Click the Save button.